Friday, December 18, 2009

We went on a search

for the perfect Christmas tree and I think we might have just found it! Things are going to be a bit low key around here this year. I didn't really want to go to the trouble of putting up a tree but my dh really wanted one. We had a number of errands to run last weekend and on our way home drove past a garden nursery in the little town beside us. I caught a glimpse of a tree and had dh drive back to look at it. It was about as perfect as it could get. Smallish, straight trunk and very fresh! We had them cut off a bit from the bottom of the trunk, got it netted and loaded it on top of the SUV.
This first layout was made using the Christmas Cocoa II 12x12 pre-designed page ... I literally just plopped the pictures into place and typed a bit of journaling! It took all of, maybe, 10 minutes! SWEET!

This second layout was using some Christmas Cocoa II paper, but it was a "create your own" project with the photo blocks in place. Again ... really easy, fun and it only took about 30 minutes 'cause I fuss so much!

What I am really loving is the fact that I got 3 layouts done in two evenings!! WOW!
Well ... I'd better get off here ... I've got some presents to wrap and some to make. I'll come back with pictures to let you see what I ended up with.

2 comments:

Deb said...

That really is a beautiful tree!! Great layout, I'm just starting to scrapbook and these are very inspiring.

Cate said...

Very nice tree and I love both layouts. I'm hoping to get MDS for Christmas and can't wait to play.