Monday, April 13, 2009

The Hardest Cards ...

to make have to be Sympathy cards. You want them to be heartfelt but not gaudy. I won't settle for anything but near perfection when I make Sympathy cards. They mean far too much in my eyes. That's just how I feel.
Last week I needed two of these at the same time. Shouldn't be a problem ... just go to my stash since I had made a few not long ago. Unfortunately ... the stash was depleted. Which means that it was a very long, sad winter this year!
I remembered a card on Sharon Johnson's blog that was exactly what I wanted. I loved the two-toned embossing ... very elegant. Below is my version.

Supplies:

Stamps - Lovely as a Tree, Brighter Tomorrow

Paper - Whisper White CS, Brushed Copper CS, Basic Black CS, dimensionals

Ink - Versamark

Accessories - Copper EP, Silver EP

9 comments:

Jenn said...

This is a beautiful card...

Diane said...

WOW this is really beautiful so tasteful. You are right the two-tone embossing is very nice.
Diane

Jacqui said...

It's a beautiful card.
Very sad though that your stash was depleted.

scrappinsarah said...

Great sympathy card! I totally agree that they aren't the easiest!

Cate said...

Beautifully done.

Teresa Brooks said...

Beautiful card, love the two tone embossing

EValeen said...

Stunning!

Laura said...

These are beautiful. Great job.

CaroleJordan said...

What a beautiful card! I just got thru posting about making sympathy cards myself today.