Sunday, April 5, 2009

Something a Little Different

I recently held a class where we made 4 cards for the women in our lives. My friend, Pat, is a seasoned stamper and accomplished paper crafter, so I always feel that I need to "step it up" a notch when we get together. The following type of card was showcased in the SU Demonstrator magazine "Stampin' Success" that we, as demos, receive each month. I found it quite unique and interesting, so I created one for Pat and I to make.



Supplies:
Stamps - Heartfelt Thanks, Elegant Cheer
Ink - Not Quite Navy Classic ink, Baja Breeze Classic ink
Paper - Kraft CS, Whisper White CS, Bella Bleu DP, Parisian Breeze Specialty DP (LOVE THIS!)
Accessories - Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Kraft Medium Envelopes, paper crimper, Wide Oval punch, Scallop Edge punch, Eyelet Border punch, Mat Pack, piercing tool, Earth Elements Brads

6 comments:

Karolee said...

That is SO cute! I love using the brad to "open" the card. I must try that.

Mel O'Donnell said...

I just found your blog at SCS and joined your group! I'm looking forward to sharing and swapping with you!

I really do like SU's SS mag! It has wonderful ideas for cards!

Best to you, from a new SU demo gal!
Mel (1melsbasket)

Buffy said...

I love this! It's so different from the one in SS. (I like it better. Shhhhhh! Don't tell Shelli!)

Pat said...

I enjoyed making this card with you Karen. You always come up up with wonderful cards and projects.

scrappinsarah said...

I LOVE this card. You did a great job of incorporating the Stampin' Success idea in your own way!

Laura said...

Great job. I'm going to have to pull out that mag and have a go at one of these. Something like this would make a neat addition to a scrapbook page too.